Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A taste of life with 3 kids

I am not too proud to admit that my son just may love his cousin, Brina, more than he loves me. Very rarely does he squeal with delight or chant my name as he does when he sees her or hears her name. Lucky for him, she reciprocates his affection, maybe not to the same degree, but there is occasional squealing when Brina sees Kyle as well.

You can imagine the delight and joy expressed in our house when I told Kyle that Brina would be coming to spend part of the day with us. I had Jessica drop of Brina's car seat when they came over so that I could take all 3 kids to the library for story time. They arrived shortly after 9, giving us plenty of time before we had to leave to make the final session that started at 10:30, or so I thought.

After gathering sippy cups of water, making sure there were dipes and wipes in the diaper bag, and that all three little ones had clean, dry clothes I headed out to the garage to put Brina's car seat in the truck. Attempting to proactively prevent pouting, crying or other unpleasant foolishness I moved Emily's car seat base to the third row seat and placed Brina's seat next to Kyle. I was back in the house in less than 10 minutes, but little did I know what I was to find.
What? You don't really see anything picture worthy? Ok, how about this one
All I have to say is this, while lotion may be super moisturizing on your skin, it does nothing for your hair. So instead of jumping in the truck for a ride down to the library Brina and Kyle spent some time here:
Miss Em supervised the whole time. Once she realized that she was not next, she expressed her displeasure by sitting on the floor by the tub and crying. Hard. I didn't happen to capture the moment on film, but it looked a lot like this:
All was not lost as we headed to the play land at Gateway Mall where the two naughty mischievous toddlers ran, jumped and squealed their little hearts out. Emily boycotted sleeping in her stroller, I'm sure she was worried about missing some of the action. She did fall asleep on the car ride back home where we had lunch, and Kyle and Brina kicked back to relax and wait for Jess to come rescue me.
Three kids, one adult? Nothing a little shampoo can't fix.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love reading the trials, tribulations, and joys you have with your kiddos. Makes me feel more prepared to have kids one day!

    ReplyDelete