Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The bug strikes the Livesays

This past Sunday was supposed to be relaxing and fun. A weekend off from work, and hopefully a little extra sleep, with a lot more fun time with my family. Kyle crawled into bed with us early Sunday morning, and Emily woke up by 7 so I brought her into bed with us. Little did I know how much of a mistake that was, with poor darling Emmie paying the price. I was in bed with the itty bitties, watching Kyle doing his best to teach Emily his best wrestling moves after Travis got up to get some breakfast. Emily was laying on her back with Kyle sitting by her head and he started coughing. Instinct kicked in and as I was reaching to grab her Kyle leaned over and threw up. Unfortunately my protective instinct was still waking up and I was too late to save Emily from being the victim of her brother's upset stomach. Kyle spent the day laying on the couch, watching movie, faithfully carrying his bucket around with him all day. While Emily got sick that night, it was short lived and I am happy to say the itty bitties bounced back in no time.

In the wee hours of Wednesday morning Mama and Daddy realized they were not so lucky. I'll spare you the details, and instead share with you some of the chaos that ensued while Travis and I were for the most part incapacitated on the couch or the floor.


Kyle took advantage of the lax security to try his hand at film making, his skill far out shines mine as he knows how to add a soundtrack to his clips!
By the end of the day Kyle and Emily tried to make Mama and Daddy feel better by putting on a show

Since it is a rare occurrence for mama and daddy to both be home, at the same time, for the whole day, you might expect for Kyle to become a little miffed at the fact that it was a completely boring day. I'm not gonna lie, with the way we felt the poor kids were lucky to have eaten most of the day. I will admit that it wasn't the most nutritiously sound day, but he did eat pancakes with blueberries in them as well as 1.5 baby carrots so it wasn't all that bad. I wouldn't have even blamed him for engaging in some inappropriate attention seeking behavior. The only melt down of the day happened at naptime when "daddy turned off naughty!" (naughty is what Kyle calls Star Wars, which he had been watching after lunch time). In a show of true compassion my little man ended the day by taking all of the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and stacking things neatly on the counter. Such sweetness was a wonderful way to end a not so pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment